Sunday, March 2, 2014

BHP Billiton CM40-8 5630 SD40 3086, and AN CL5 weathering by Barcoola

Hi All

I have been attacking some Pilbara weathering.  I am not a big fan of the colour that Bachmann used for the BHP Billiton "bubble or Bunnings" livery, especally the Terracotta and silver very NQR.  With a bit of mixing and careful application of the terracotta, and silver, can produce a very good likeness of the prototype, from the start.
Iron Ore dust, really gets into any location with lubrication, and lots of little washes are require, to highlight these locations.

However I have given it a bit of a push and created versions of CM39-8 5630 and SD40 3086.

5630 is on Ebay, as is 3086










 I have also finished a couple of CL5s this one is on Ebay, I now have CL2 and CL5 added to the Alice Springs locomotive roster, and look the part all faded.



If you are watching the Clipsal 500 this weekend, OMG the carnage!
Glen is in the Grand stand, big two thumbs up man, enjoy. 
Got the sound turned down, can't do the Channel 7 coverage, also stops the Skafie I rightus.
Anyway haveagoodweekend!

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hello Scott,
    I have a few questions about the CM40-8:
    1) did Bachmann produce this loco?
    2) if so, do they still produce it or is there any other manufacturer who does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, do you know if bachmann still produces those dash 8's? Or can you tell me where i can get them?
    Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete